Antyodaya Diwas celebrated
On September 25, 2020, the Ministry of Rural Development celebrated foundation day of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana celebrated as “Antyodaya Diwas”. The Day was celebrated under the theme “Kaushal Se Kal Badlenge”. So far, the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana has trained 10.51 lakh rural youth. Among these, 6.65 are placed with a job successfully.
During the celebrations of the day, the Union Minister of Rural Development released the following
- Guidelines to promote Integrated Farming Cluster
- Guidelines on Captive Employment under Deen Dayal Upadyaya Grameen Kalyan Yojana.
- Compendium of success stories of the scheme
Also, Memorandum of Understanding was signed between Ministry of Rural Development and Indian Council of Agricultural Research to build the capacities of Farmer Producer Organization.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
The scheme is a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission. The scheme focuses on providing employment to the youth between the age group of 15 and 35 years by training them with required skills. The following are the main objectives of the scheme
- To enable poor and marginalized
- To cover socially disadvantaged groups such as minorities, SC/ST and women
- To shift the training provided by GoI towards career progression
- To build placement partnerships
- To enhance capacity of implementation partners
The scheme is implemented by Ministry of Rural Development.
According to 2011 census, India has 55 million potential workers in the age group 15-35 years. The world is facing constant shortage of workers. India uses this opportunity to transform its demographic surplus into demographic dividend.
Recently in September 2020, GoI announced that it is to extend the flagship job programmes to cities as well. This is to be done to help unemployed workers. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana is one such scheme that works towards providing employment to the youths of the country. The other employment generation programmes implemented by the Indian Government are
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|