Quiz 565: General Awareness Questions
1. Which state government has launched Zero Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF) project to promote organic farming?
Correct Answer: B [Himachal Pradesh]
Jai Ram Thakur, the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh, has launched Zero Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF) project to promote organic farming. The purpose of the project is to increase agriculture produce and the income of farmers by the year 2022. The ZBNF is a farming practice that believes in natural growth of crops without adding any fertilizers and pesticides or any other foreign elements. The word “Zero Budget” refers to the zero net cost of production of all crops (inter crops, border crops, multi crops). The inputs used for seed treatments and other inoculations are locally available in the form of cowdung and cow urine. A ZBNF practicisng farmer has lower cost of inputs and thus has better capacity to increase the incomes. At the same time, ZBNF crops helps in retaining soil fertiliting and is climate change resilient.
2. What do we call an arrangement whereby an issuing Bank at the request of the Importer (Buyer) undertakes to make payment to the exporter (Beneficiary) against stipulated documents?
Correct Answer: C [Letter of Credit]
Consider the following statements in context with a gas:
- This gas is widely used in the production of thin glass films of the LCD TV
- This gas is a potential Green House Gas but has not been included in the Kyoto Protocol
- This gas , due to its potential role in the Global warming, has been termed as “the missing greenhouse gas”
Identify the gas from the given options:
Correct Answer: B [Nitrogen trifluoride]
Consider the following:
- Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs)
Which among the above are generally used in the Absorption refrigerators, used in warehouses?
Correct Answer: C [3 & 4]
Consider the following particles in relation to the matter:
- π-Meson (Pi-meson)
Which among the above are considered to be mass less and charge less?
Correct Answer: B [Only 2]
Consider the following statements about the X-Rays:
- The Hard X-Rays have a shorter wavelength than the Soft X-Rays
- The X-Rays are deflected by the Electric Field, but are not deflected by the Magnetic Field
- X-Rays don’t show many properties of light such as Refraction, diffraction, Interference and Polarization
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
Correct Answer: A [Only 1 is correct]
Consider the following statements about an elementary particle “Neutrino” and its antiparticle “antineutrino”:
- While Neutrino had a positive charge, antineutrino has negative charge
- Both Neutrino and Antneutrino have zero mass
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
Correct Answer: D [Neither 1 nor 2]
8. The Agreement on South Asian Free Trade Area (SAFTA) was signed in a SAARC summit that was held in ___?
Correct Answer: D [Islamabad]
9. In which year Dadasaheb Phalke Award was instituted?
10. Which among the following is the correct fullform of NCPR — a modified version of Trai’s ‘Do Not Call Registry’ list.?
Correct Answer: D [National Customer Preference Registry]