NITI Aayog announces Top Aspirational Districts in Education Sector
NITI Aayog has announced the top five aspirational districts in education sector.
- It has ranked the most improved aspirational districts in the education sector for September month.
- As per NITI Aayog’s delta rankings in education sector, Bhoopalpalli in Telangana has topped.
- Bhoopalpalli is followed by:
- Chatra & Sahibganj in Jharkhand
- Nuapada in Odisha and
- Jaisalmer in Rajasthan.
- In the Delta ranking 2021 for September month, Baramulla district in north Kashmir has secured 3rd rank among aspirational districts, in a significant development.
- Ranchi and Chatra districts in Jharkhand were ranked at 1st and 2nd position respectively.
- Wayanad in Kerala secured 4th and Shrawasti district in UP secured 5th spot.
What is Delta Ranking?
Delta ranking is released by NITI Aayog. It shows incremental progress in aspirational districts of India across developmental areas like health & nutrition, education, financial inclusion, agriculture & water resources, skill development and basic infrastructure.
Significance of the ranking
These rankings are a yardstick of incremental progress in developmental indices like health & nutrition, agriculture & financial inclusion and water resource.
Aspirational Districts Programme
Aspirational District Programme was launched by prime minister Narendra Modi in January 2018. The programme is implemented by NITI Aayog with the help of several stakeholders for improving the living standards of people in aspirational districts. This programme was launched with the aim of bringing rapid transformation in districts that have made comparative progress across key social sectors.