National Commission on Population
The National Commission on Population works under the chairmanship of Prime Minister with the following members:
- Chief ministers of all states,
- Chief ministers of UTs,
- Minister of Health and Family Welfare,
- Concerned ministries like Ministry of HRD, Ministry of Rural Development, Ministry of Environment and Forest etc.
- Others like demographers, public health professionals, NGOs etc.
- To monitor and give directions for the implementation of the National population Policy with an aim to achieve the goals targeted in the population policy.
- To achieve synergy among different sectors and agencies in centre and the states like health, educational, environmental and other developmental programmes to hasten the achievement of population stabilization.
- To develop a vigorous people friendly programme to support efforts put towards population stabilization.
Tags: National Commissions • Population in India
Current Affairs [PDF] - May 16-31, 2023
Current Affairs [PDF] - May 1-15, 2023
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - April, 2023
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|