Kedarnath: PM lays foundation stones to development projects
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi laid the foundation stones and dedicated several development projects in Kedarnath, to the nation on November 5, 2021.
- PM inaugurated the Samadhi of Adi Shankaracharya and unveiled the statue of Adi Shankaracharya.
- He also reviewed and inspected the executed & ongoing infrastructure works.
- He offered prayers at the Kedarnath Temple.
- On the occasion, prayers were offered and celebrations held across 12 Jyotirlingas and 4 dhams. All these events were linked to the main event at Kedarnath Dham.
- Minister for Culture, Tourism & DoNER visited the Adi Shankaracharya temple at Kalady in Kerala. Kalady is the birthplace of Adi Shankaracharya.
Adi Shankaracharya was an Indian philosopher and theologian. His works had a strong impact on doctrine of Advaita Vedanta. He founded four monasteries (Mathas). These four mathas are believed to have helped in historical development, propagation and revival of Advaita Vedanta. He travelled over Indian subcontinent for propagating his philosophy through discourses and debates with other thinkers belonging to orthodox Hindu traditions as well as heterodox non-Hindu-traditions. His commentaries on Prasthana Trayi Vedic canon like Brahma Sutras, Principal Upanishads and Bhagavad Gita, argue on unity of Atman & Nirguna Brahman.
Advaita Vedanta is a school of Hindu philosophy. Advaita term refers to the idea that Brahman alone is ultimately real, while transient phenomenal world is an illusory appearance of Brahman.