UPSC CSE Notification 2019: 896 Vacancies
Union Public Service Commission has issued notifications for conducting Civil Services Examination for recruitment to the Services and Posts mentioned below. Please find detailed information regarding the vacancies below.
Last date for receipt of online application: 18.03.2019 till 6.00 PM
Date of Preliminary Examination: 02.06.2019
Starting date for main examinations: 20.09.2019
Number of Vacancies: 896
Out of 896 vacancies, 39 vacancies have been reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability
Category, i.e. 8 vacancies for candidates of (a) blindness and low vision; 11 Vacancies for (b) deaf
and hard of hearing; 15 Vacancies for (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy
cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; and 5 Vacancies for (e) multiple
disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (c) including deaf-blindness.
Civil Services Examination will be held for the recruitment to the following Services and Posts:
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates must ensure that they possess the necessary qualifications and fulfil all the required criteria before applying for the posts.
Interested candidates need to apply online by visiting the Official Website. No other mode of application submission would be accepted.
Candidates should have valid a personal E-mail ID. It should be kept active till the recruitment process is fully complete.
If the applicants are submitting multiple applications, then they should note that only the applications with higher Registration ID will be considered by the Commission.
Candidates should keep the following ready before registering applications:
- Valid E-mail id
- Scanned copy of latest passport size coloured photograph. (jpg format; 3 KB to 40KB).
- Scanned signature in digital format (jpg format; 1 KB to 3 KB).
Interested candidates must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Selection of candidates for all the posts would be made on the basis of the performance of the eligible candidates in the following:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination; and
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
- The examination will have two papers of 200 marks each
- It will consist of objective type (multiple choice questions).
- The General Studies Paper-II is of qualifying nature with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- Question papers will be set in English and Hindi.
- Each paper will be of 2 hours duration.
|1||Paper-A (Qualifying in nature)-Indian Language||300 Marks|
|2||Paper-B (Qualifying in nature)-English||300 Marks|
|4||Paper-II (General Studies-I)||250|
|5||Paper-III (General Studies-II)||250|
|6||Paper-IV (General Studies-III)||250|
|7||Paper-V (General Studies-IV)||250|
|8||Paper-VI (Optional Subject – Paper 1)||250|
|9||Paper-VII (Optional Subject – Paper 2)||250|
- Question papers will be of conventional (essay) type.
- Duration for each paper: 3 hours
- Question paper will be set in English and Hindi.
List of Optional Subjects for Mains Examination
|Optional Subject||Optional Subject||Optional Subject|
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science||Geology||Political Science and International Relations|
|Commerce and Accountancy||Mechanical Engineering||Zoology|
|Economics||Medical Science||Literature of any one of the following languages: Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Odia, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and English.|
Minimum: 21 years
Maximum: 32 years
Cut Off Date: 01.08.2019
Candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1987 and not later than 1st August 1998.
Upper Age limit is relaxable by:
- 3 years for OBC (Non Creamy Layer).
- 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
- 3 years for Defence Services Personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country.
- 5 years for ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers.
- 10 years for (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; and (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness.
Unreserved/OBC candidates: Rs 100
SC/ST/PwD/ Female candidates: Nil
The fee has to be paid online through Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
Number of Attempts
Number of Attempts will be 6 for general category candidates.
Candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes: 9
Restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates.
Centres for Preliminary Examination
|Name of Centre||Name of Centre||Name of Centre|
|AGARTALA||GHAZIABAD||GAUTAM BUDDH NAGAR|
|ANANTPUR (ANDHRA PRADESH)||ITANAGAR||RAJKOT|
Centres for Civil Services (Mains) Examination
|Name of Centre||Name of Centre||Name of Centre|
Syllabi for Preliminary Examination
Paper I – (200 marks)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
Paper II-(200 marks)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- Decision making and problem solving;
- General mental ability;
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level);
- UPSC’s Facilitation Counter is located near gate ‘C’ of its campus.
- Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
Job Alerts: Civil Services • Civil Services Examination • Civil Services Examination 2019 • CSE 2019 • Customs and Central Excise • DANICS • DANIPS • Forest Service • Graduate • Group A • Group B • IAS • IFoS • IFS • IIS • Indian Administrative Service • Indian Defence Estates Service • Indian Forest Service (Preliminary) Examination • Indian Forest Service Examination • Indian Information Service • Indian Ordnance Factories Service • Indian Postal Service • Indian Railway Personnel Service • Indian Railway Traffic Service • Indian Revenue Service • Indian Trade Service • IPS • IRS • IRTS • ITS • Pondicherry Civil Service • Pondicherry Police Service • Railway • UPSC • UPSC 2019