Gujrat Govt. approved 34 Solar Power projects
34 solar power projects have been approved in Gujarat as per a news in Economic Times
- The total investment that will be made is Rs.12,000 crore over the next few years.
- After this investment Gujarat will be the top state in India for clean energy.
- These plants will generate 1,250 million units of eco-friendly energy every year.
- This will save the use of 875,000 tonnes of coal per year and also avoid 1.25 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emission.
- Today India spends 2.6 percent of its gross domestic product (GDP) which is equivalent to $1.2 trillion to cope with climate change effects.
- The National Action Plan on Climate Change has identified solar energy as the main way to generate clean electricity since coal-fired thermal power plants have been found to be the biggest sources of carbon dioxide emissions around the world.
Related Post National Solar Mission