GK & Current Affairs – April 17, 2016
1. ‘Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan’ a nationwide campaign, was started from which city of India?
Mhow, officially known as Dr Ambedkar Nagar, is a cantonment in the Indore District in Madhya Pradesh state of India. The Central Government, in collaboration with States and Panchayats, is carrying out a ‘Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan’ (Village Self Governance Campaign) in the period between 14th April to 24th April 2016.
2. Which airport has become the world’s first airport to completely operate on solar power?
[B]Indira Gandhi International Airport
[C]Chennai International Airport
[D]Kempegowda International Airport
Answer: Kochi Airport
Cochin (Kochi) International airport became the first airport in the world that completely operates on solar power.Now, Cochin airport’s solar power plant is producing 50,000 to 60,000 units of electricity per day to be consumed for all its operational functions, which technically make the airport ‘ absolutely power neutral ‘.
3. Recently, India agreed to sign the Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA) with which country?
Answer: United States
India and the U.S. have agreed “in principle” on a logistics support agreement. The agreement was first proposed in 2004, but was resisted by UPA government for years. The agreement will make it easier for both militaries to share each other’s facilities.
4. Recently, Ministry of Water Resources, has Signed an Implementation Agreement for Ganga Rejuvenation with:
[A]German International Cooperation (GIZ)
[C]French Environment and Energy Management Agency
[D]Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners LP
Answer: German International Cooperation (GIZ)
Ministry of Water Resources, has signed the River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation implementation agreement with German International Cooperation (GIZ) of Germany. The objective of the agreement is to enable responsible stakeholders at National and State level to apply integrated river basin management approach for the rejuvenation of the river Ganga.
5. POSCO Pratirodh Sangram Samiti (PPSS) is an active outfit in which state of India?
POSCO Pratirodh Sangram Samiti (PPSS), an outfit of the local people in Odisha has been opposing land acquisition for the project since 2005.
6. The M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) is a light multiple rocket launcher from which country?
Answer: United States
Recently, the U.S. has launched a joint South China Sea naval patrols with the Philippines, escalating its presence as it accused Beijing of “militarising” a region which is locked in territorial disputes. The U.S. unleashed six missiles at distant targets from a dry riverbed three hours’ drive from Manila.
7. The headquarters of World Anti-Doping Agency are located at:
[D]New York, USA
Answer: Montreal, Canada
The headquarters of World Anti-Doping Agency are located at Montreal, Canada.The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has that athletes can escape from ban for taking meldonium because it does not know for sure how long it takes for the substance to leave the body.
8. Which of the following companies has become the first to implement 85 per cent pictorial health warnings on both sides of their products?
[A]Golden Tobacco Ltd
Answer: Golden Tobacco Ltd
The new pictorial warnings notification by Government of India mandates 85% pictorial warnings on both sides of the tobacco product packages. Golden Tobacco Ltd has become the first company to implement 85 per cent pictorial health warnings on both sides of their products.
9. The first Maritime India Summit (MIS) was held at _?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, inaugurated the first Maritime India Summit in Mumbai. He discussed over the agenda of emphasising on port-led development, the Centre plans to mobilise an investment of Rs 1 lakh crore in the port sector to more than double port capacity to 3,000 million tonnes by 2025.
10. Which country has won the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup for the year 2016?
Australia defeated India 4-0 in the summit showdown to win the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup hockey tournament in Ipoh, Malaysia. .
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|