First woman Chief Justice of Nepal Sushila Karki takes oath
Sushila Karki has become the first woman Chief Justice of Nepal after taking oath of office and secrecy at a special programme organised at the Presidential Residence, Sheetal Niwas. She will head the judiciary till June 6, 2017. The oath was administered by President Bidya Devi Bhandari. Beside Karki, President Bhandari has also administered oath of office and secrecy to newly appointed Chief Election Commissioner Dr Ayodhi Prasad Yadav.
About Sushila Karki
- Has done Masters in Political Science from Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi.
- Worked as an assistant teacher in Mahendra Multiple Campus, Dharan in 1985.
- Began legal practice in March 1979.
- Appointed the Ad-Hoc Justice at the Supreme Court in January, 2009.
- Known for her zero tolerance against corruption in the judiciary.
- Promoted to the Permanent Justice in November 2010.
- Served as an Acting-Cheif-Justice and Justice at the Supreme Court of Nepal.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2016
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|