Who are conferred with ‘Pradhan Mantri Bal Shakti Puraskar’ award?
Published: August 28, 2020
Recently, the nominations of the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar for the year 2021 have been invited by the Ministry of Women and Child Development from children, individuals, and institutions.
- The Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar is the highest civilian honor which is given for exceptional achievement under the age of 18.
- It was formerly known as the National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement.
- The award is given for exceptional abilities and achievements in the field like arts, culture, academics, bravery, innovative thinking, design, research work, sports, and social service.
- Two categories of the award are Bal Shakti Puraskar and Bal Kalyan Puraskar.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development, GoI has been giving this award since 1996.
- The Awards ceremony is organized in the week of Republic Day. The President of India presents this award at Rashtrapati Bhavan. The Awardees are also felicitated by the Prime Minister of India.
Awardees of 2020
A total of 49 children had been awarded in the age group of 5-18 for the year 2020. Some of them are
- Ishan Sharma- He saved a Russian tourist from two robbers.
- Omkar Singh- He has set a world record as the youngest theoretical author.
- Darsh Malani- He has already performed over 50 magic shows around the world.
- Manoj Kumar- He has mastered the “tabla vadan”.
- Gauri Mishra- Also known as the “Youngest pianist of India”.
- Korok Biswas- Extra ordinary dancing skill despite being a victim of the down syndrome with 50% intellectual disability.
- Soumyadeep Jana- He had ensured the safety of his mother and sister during a terrorist attack in Jammu.
- Pema- She saved the lives of two mates when the boundary wall of her school collapsed due to heavy rain and landslide.
Any Indian child in the age group of 5 to 18 can participate in the event. For nomination, one has to fill the necessary information with the relevant testimonials.