Virtual Science Lab launched under CSIR Jigyasa Programme
Union Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Jitendra Singh launched India’s first Virtual Science Lab for Children on November 22, 2021.
- Virtual Science Lab was launched under CSIR Jigyasa Programme.
- This programme will connect students with scientists across India.
- This Lab will provide a virtual tour of CSIR laboratories as well as expose students to research infrastructure.
Aim of the lab
Virtual Science Lab was inaugurated with the aim of providing quality research exposure and innovative pedagogy to the school students on the basis of an online interactive medium. It will immensely benefit students from government schools, Kendriya Vidyalayas and Navodaya Vidyalayas.
Students of Standard 6 to 12 are the target audience for the Virtual Lab platform. They would like to explore science using different activities, faculties on subjects of science, Biology, Mathematics & IT and experienced researchers.
Content in labs
In the initial phase, content will be available in English. It has been planned to be made available in Hindi as well as other regional languages.
CSIR Jigyasa Programme
JIGYASA is a major national level initiative of CSIR, launched to widen and deepen its Scientific Social Responsibility (SSR). Programme also explain the culture of curiousness and scientific nature on other. This is a student-scientist connect programme, launched in collaboration with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathans (KVS). Its primary objective is to extend classroom learning and focus on well-planned research laboratory-based learning.
Activities included under the programme
Major activities included under the programme are:
- Student Residential Programmes
- Scientists as teachers and teachers as scientists
- Lab specific activities or Onsite Experiments
- Visits of scientists to Schools or Outreach Programmes
- Science and maths Clubs
- Projects of National Children’s Science Congress
- Tinkering laboratories.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|