Vajra Kavach Disinfection System
Mumbai-based start-up, Indra water has developed “Vajra Kavach Disinfection System” which removes scourge of viral particles from equipment used by Corona warriors front line workers.
About Disinfection System
- Disinfection System removes any possible traces of SARS-Cov-2 virus from Personal Protective Equipment, coats, gloves, N95 masks and gowns.
- Thus, it enables reuse of PPEs and other equipments used by healthcare workers.
- In a way, it will protect environment too, by reducing biomedical waste generation.
- It will make personal protective equipment more available, affordable, and accessible.
- Disinfection can be done in just a few minutes.
- System can achieve a 1,00,000-fold reduction in number of microorganisms.
Who developed the system?
Validation and testing of system was done by Department of Biosciences & Bioengineering at IIT Bombay.
How testing was done?
It went through a long trial and testing process. Testing was done with Escherichia virus MS2; which is a single-stranded RNA virus similar to human respiratory viruses like influenza virus and coronavirus; and E.coli strain C3000. While testing it, full loads of virus and bacteria samples were placed PPE kit and was then placed inside Vajra Kavach. After disinfection cycle time, PPE was removed and sample was rechecked to assess growth rate and log reduction of virus.
How this system disinfects materials?
System comprises of multistage disinfection process having advanced oxidation, corona discharge and UV-C light spectrum which inactivate viruses, bacteria, and other microbial strains from materials.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: Science & Technology Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|