Union Government releases digital gender atlas for advancing girl education
Union Government has released ‘Digital Gender Atlas for Advancing Girls Education’ a web-based tool for advancing girls education.
It was unveiled by the Department of School Education and Literacy in the Union Ministry of Human Resources Development (HRD) in New Delhi.
- The web based tool has been developed with the support of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) to identify low performing geographical pockets for girls on specific gender related education indicators.
- These pockets particularly have been identified from marginalised groups such as scheduled castes (SC’s), scheduled tribes (ST’s) and Muslim minorities.
- The gender atlas has been developed as hands on management tool that will enable to take critical decisions and actions in order to fill the gaps in the low performing geographical pockets.
- The atlas has a geographical representation and time series data on various levels of education related parameters in the country. The data from atlas will help states in policy-making and implementation.
- It will also help in identifying and ensuring equitable education with a focus on vulnerable girls. It includes girls with disabilities.
The atlas uses current available Government data such as Unified District Information System for Education (2011-14), Census 2011 and District Level Health Survey 2007-08.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|