Union Government launches Pharma Jan Samadhan scheme for redressal of grievances on drugs pricing
Union Government has launched Pharma Jan Samadhan scheme, for redressal of grievances of consumers related to drug pricing and availability of medicines.
It was launched by Union Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister Ananth Kumar in New Delhi.
About Pharma Jan Samadhan scheme
- The scheme is a web-enabled system created by National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA).
- It seeks to serve as a robust E-governance tool for protection of interests of consumers through effective implementation of the price of drugs.
- The scheme will provide consumers with an online facility to redress their complaints related to over-pricing of medicines, non-availability of medicines and refusal of supply for sale of any medicine without good and sufficient reason.
- After receiving the complaint, NPPA will initiate action on any complaint within 48 hrs.
- The scheme also seeks to create awareness among the people and act as a deterrent against black-marketing, spurious medicines and inflated cost of drugs by creating phama-literacy initiative.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|