Union Cabinet approves Collaboration Agreement to support Belmont Forum Secretariat
The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of the Collaborative Agreement with French National Research Agency (ANR), France.
The MoU will be signed for supporting the Belmont Forum Secretariat from January, 2015 to December, 2017 at a total estimated expenditure of 40,000 Euros. The Cabinet also approved continued financial support to Belmont Forum Secretariat beyond 2017.
About Belmont Forum
- Belmont Forum is a high level group of the world’s major and emerging funders of global environmental change research and international science councils. It was established in 2009.
- It aims to accelerate delivery of the environmental research needed to remove critical barriers to sustainability by aligning and mobilizing international resources.
- It provides an opportunity to identify study and deliver international environmental research priorities through transnational research collaboration between natural and social scientists.
- Members: India, Australia, Brazil, Canada, European Commission, France, Germany, Japan, Netherland, South Africa, UK and US etc. India is represented by the Union Ministry of Earth Science (MoES) since 2012.
- Belmon Secretariat: It is hosted by one of the Belmont forum member on rotational basis. ANR, France is hosting the Secretariat from January, 2015 to December, 2017.
- Expenditure for hosting the Secretariat is borne by Belmont Forum member countries in kind or cash contribution.
The signing of the MoU will help to maintain a certain degree of continuity in the operations of the Belmont Forum and also help in smooth coordination of the activities of it. Indian scientific community will ultimately benefit from this agreement as India already is participating in four Collaborative Research Actions (CRAs) of the Forum.
India Energy Modelling Forum to Exchange Important Ideas on Energy and Environment: NITI Ayog
The government think-tank, NITI Ayog, stated that ‘The India Energy Modelling Forum’ would delib...
Tunga Dam construction: Number of Migratory birds decreases
The number of migratory birds arriving to Mandagadde bird sanctuary has reduced due to the construct...
“Sankalp Parva” begins
On June 28, 2020, the initiative to plant trees called “Sankalp Parva” began, The initiative is ...
SANDRP: “Draft EIA Notification of GoI encourages environment violations”
The South Asia Network on Dams, Rivers and People (SANDRP) says that the draft Environmental Impact ...
June 20: International Horseshoe Crab Day
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) observed the first International Horseshoe...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|