Top GKToday’s News Headlines-26 April 2020
Here are Top GKToday’s News Headlines for 26 April, 2020
- BRO (Border Roads Organization) opens Rohtang Pass connecting Lahaul & Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh with the rest of the country
- CM Shivraj Singh Chauhan launches Jeevan Shakti Yojana in MP; women in urban areas to get Rs. 11 for each mask made by them at home
- AP Govt. launches mobile app ‘Covid Pharma’ to keep a track of people purchasing medicines over-the-counter (OTC) for cough, cold and fever
OPENING OF SHOPS
- The government has allowed opening of certain categories of shops during COVID-19 lockdown.
- In rural areas, all shops, except those in shopping malls are allowed to open.
- In urban areas, all standalone shops, neighbourhood shops & shops in residential complexes are allowed to open. Shops in markets/market complexes and shopping malls are not allowed to open.
- Sale by e-commerce companies will continue to be permitted for essential goods only.
- Sale of liquor continues to be prohibited.
- Saudi Arabia abolishes flogging as a punishment
- UNCTAD (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development) releases report ‘From the Great Lockdown to the Great Meltdown’
- International Delegate’s Day observed by the UN on April 25
- World Malaria Day observed on April 25 with the theme ‘Zero Malaria Starts with Me’
Category: Today's News Headlines