Top GKToday’s News Headlines- 1 December 2019
Here are the top News Headlines of 1 December 2019 for all competitive examinations of India.
National Current Affairs
- Uddhav Thackeray-led Maha Vikas Aghadi govt. of Shiv Sena-NCP-Congress alliance passes floor test in Maharashtra Assembly
- Two Army soldiers killed in avalanche at Siachen Glacier in Leh
- 10th Indian Organ Donation Day celebrated on November 30
- Conference on ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ being organised by governments of Tamil Nadu and J&K held in Jammu on Nov 30-Dec 1
- Laxminarayan Nayak, freedom fighter and former MP, dies at Niwari (MP) at the age of 101
- First night trial of the nuclear capable Agni-III surface-to-surface ballistic missile was carried out from a mobile launcher
- The test was carried out at the Integrated Test Range at the APJ Abdul Kalam Island off Odisha coast
- The missile has a strike range of over 3,500 km
- India-Japan Foreign and Defence Ministerial Dialogue (2+2) held in New Delhi on November 30, 2019
- The Indian delegation was led by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar
- Foreign Affairs Minister Toshimitsu Motegi and Defence Minister Taro Kono led the Japanese side
- Labour Ministry is celebrating Pension Week from November 30 to December 6
- The aim is to boost enrolments under Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan (PM-SYM) and National Pension Scheme for Traders and Self-Employed Persons (NPS-Traders).
- The week was inaugurated by Minister of State(I/C) for Labour and Employment Santosh Gangwar
International Current Affairs
- Suriname: President Desi Bouterse sentenced to 20 years in prison for killing political opponents in 1980s
- Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare observed on November 30; reaffirms commitment of Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) for the weapons’ elimination
- India beat Pakistan 4-0 at Nur-sultan to earn a spot in the 2020 Qualifiers
- India had taken 2-0 lead on first day by winning both singles matches.
- On 2nd day, Leander Paes & Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan beat Mohammed Shoaib & Hufaiza Abdul Rehman 6-1, 6-3 in doubles while Sumit Nagal defeated Yousaf Khalil 6-1, 6-0 in singles.
- Fifth match was not played.
Sports Current Affairs
- Khelo India Youth Games to be held in Guwahati from January 10 to 22
- Tajinder Pal Singh Toor to be flag-bearer of India at South Asian Games opening ceremony in Kathmandu on December 1
- Australia’s David Warner scores triple century (335 not out) against Pakistan in Adelaide test match
Category: Today's News Headlines
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|