Tennis Icon Steffanie Graf appointed as brand ambassador of Kerala's Ayurveda
Kerala government has appointed Tennis Icon Steffanie Graf as Ayurveda brand ambassador.
Decision in this regard was taken by cabinet meeting presided by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy in Thiruvananthapuram.
As an Ayurveda brand ambassador she will promote Ayurveda tourism of state in North America and Europe with theme Visit Kerala Destination.
About Steffanie Graf
- Steffanie Maria Graf from Germany is former number 1 ATP women tennis player. She holds World number 1 title for the longest period (record 377 total weeks) till date.
- She had won 22 Grand Slam single titles and also holds record for the most number of major wins by a tennis player (after introduction of the Open Era in 1968).
- Graf is the first and only tennis player (male or female) to achieve the Calendar Year Golden Slame. winning all four Grand Slam singles titles and the Olympic gold medal in the same calendar year.
- She is the only tennis player (male or female) to win 3 grand slams in a calendar year 5 times (1988, 1989, 1993, 1995 and 1996).
- Graf had retired from professional tennis in 1999. She is married to Andre Agassi, former World number 1 in men’s tennis player.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2015