‘Switch Delhi’ Campaign Launched by Kejriwal government
The Chief Minister of Delhi Arvind Kejriwal launched the ‘Switch Delhi’ campaign on February 4, 2021.
- The campaign was launched to promote the use of electric vehicles.
- The Chief Minister further asked the citizens to buy electric vehicles as it will play a key role in combating the pollution in Delhi.
- The Chief Minister also highlighted that the state government will hire electric vehicles in six weeks for various purposes.
- Kejriwal also appealed the big companies, market association, delivery chains, malls & Cinemas and resident welfare associations to promote the use of electric vehicles.
- He further appealed them to set up the charging stations in their respective premises.
About the campaign
- The ‘Switch Delhi’ campaign has been launched with the aim to create the awareness regarding the advantages of using electric vehicles.
- It will also raise the awareness about how it can help in combating the air pollution in Delhi and making Delhi clean and pollution-free.
Electric Vehicle Policy of Delhi
- The Chief Minister highlighted that the electric vehicle policy of the Delhi government is one among the best electric vehicle policies in the world.
- Under the policy, the Delhi government has planned to give an extensive subsidy on the purchase of the electric two-wheelers and four-wheelers.
- It has also planned to wave off the registration charges and road tax for the electric vehicles.
- Government has also issued tenders to set up 100 charging stations in the city.
- Government has set target of 25% electric vehicles registration among total vehicle registrations by 2024.
Electric vehicles in Delhi
Ever since the electric vehicle policy was launched, over 6,000 electric vehicles have been sold out.