Stuart Oliver won first edition of Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship
The British racer, Mr. Stuart Oliver won the Tata T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship (India’s first truck racing championship) at the Buddh International Circuit, Greater Noida. Mr. Oliver represented Castrol Vecton team in the race and took 30:26.848 minutes to complete 15 laps of the 2.5 km loop on the 5.1 km-long track.
About T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship
- Two races: a 5-lap Sprint Race and a 15-lap Main Race.
- Champion Award granted to the winning driver on the basis on combined points from both the races.
- The Team Championship was awarded on the basis of the combined scores of the two drivers of the respective teams from both the races.
- The series used 12 heavily-modified Tata Prima trucks having 370 horsepower and reaching a top speed of 110 km/hr.
- Top three winners: Stuart Oliver (Castrol) , Mathew Summerfield (Cummins) and Dave Jenkins (Tata Technologies).