Scientist Dr Modadugu Vijay Gupta to receive inaugural Sunhak Peace Prize
Noted Indian agricultural scientist Dr Modadugu Vijay Gupta has been chosen for the inaugural Sunhak Peace Prize.
He will receive the first Sunhak Peace Prize in South Korean Capital city of Seoul along with President of Kiribati Islands Anote Tong.
Dr. M. V. Gupta has been selected for this award for his pioneering work in the blue revolution. He has invested his entire life to developing sustainable aquaculture as an alternative solution to the future food crisis.
Anote Tong has been chosen for this award for creating global awareness on the severity of climate change issue and sought for action by the international community for its solution.
About Dr Modadugu Vijay Gupta
- Dr. M. V. Gupta hails from Bapatla district of Andhra Pradesh and was born on 17 August 1939.
- He is recipient of the World Food Prize in 2005 for development and dissemination of low-cost techniques for freshwater fish farming by using tilapia species for the rural poor.
- Till his retirement, Dr. Gupta had served as the Assistant Director General at WorldFish, an international fisheries research institute.
About Sunhak Peace Prize
- Sunhak Peace Prize was founded earlier in 2015 by South Korean religious leader Dr Hak Ja Han Moon.
- It is an annual award that recognises eminent individuals from around the world for their contribution to peace and development of the world.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News