Satish Reddy appointed as Chairman of National Safety Council
Union Ministry of Labour and Employment has appointed K Satish Reddy as the chairman of the National Safety Council (NSC).
He will succeed Venu Srinivasan, who was appointed in July 2011. As the chairman of the NSC, Mr. Reddy will oversee its functioning to generate and develop initiatives on Safety, Health and Environment at the national level.
Presently, he is Chairman of Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Limited.
About National Safety Council (NSC)
- NSC is the apex non-profit making body under the aegis of Union Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- Objective: It seeks to develop, generate and sustain a voluntary movement on safety, health and environment at the national level.
- Established: On 4 March 1966.
- It is registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950 and Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- Headquarter: Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Functions: The apex body conducts specialised workshops and courses, carries out risk assessments and safety audits and facilitates awareness camps in organisations.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2015