Rapid Assessment System: Feedback on COVID-19 Vaccination
The Government of India is to use Rapid Assessment System for the feedback on COVID-19 vaccination.
About Rapid Assessment System
- The system sends SMS to people vaccinated in a span of four days. It sends SMS with ID AX-GOVRAS and asks citizens if social distancing was maintained at vaccination sites, if information about adverse effects of vaccination was provided, etc.
- The information such as names and mobiles numbers of the people vaccinated are received by Rapid Assessment System from Co-WIN platform.
- If the user does not send feedback through SMS within twenty-four hours, a call is made for assessment.
- It was developed by a division of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- The SMS are sent in local languages. It is available in Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Punjabi, Telugu and Tamil.
What is CO-WIN?
It is a digital platform used for COVID-19 Vaccine delivery. The CO-WIN platform records vaccine data collected through CO-WIN mobile application. The platform is used to record vaccine data. Apart from this, the app will collect database of health care workers as well. It uses temperature loggers (of cold chain) for accurate remote temperature monitoring in real time.
It has five different modules namely administrator module, vaccination module, registration module, beneficiary acknowledgement module and report module.
The CO-WIN is based on eVIN (Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network)
Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network
It was an indigenously developed technology that digitises vaccine stocks. It monitors temperature of cold chain through smartphone applications. It was first launched in twelve states in 2015. eVIN supports the Universal Immunization Programme of Government of India.
NEGVAC is National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration. It is a group of experts formed by Government of India to guide the strategies of vaccine introduction.
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs