QSim- India’s first Quantum Computer Simulator Toolkit
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has launched the India’s first ‘Quantum Computer Simulator (QSim) Toolkit’.
- QSim is the first-of-its-kind toolkit, indigenously developed in India.
- It meant to be a vital tool of learning and understanding the practical aspects of programming with the help of Quantum Computers. It will thus bring about a new era of Quantum Computing research in India.
- This toolkit has been developed jointly by scientists of IIT Roorkee, C-DAC and IISc Bangalore.
- It was developed with the support and funding of MeitY.
About the toolkit
- This toolkit was launched in order to enable researchers and students to do research in Quantum Computing in a cost-effective manner.
- It allows researchers and students to write and debug Quantum Code which is essential to develop Quantum Algorithms.
- It can serve as the essential educational and research tool to provide an excellent way to attract students and researchers towards the Quantum Technology.
- QSim creates a platform which will helps students and users to acquire skills of programming and designing real Quantum Hardware.
Key features of the QSim
Most unique feature of QSim is its Intuitive User Interface. This interface offers a robust Quantum Computer Simulator along with a Graphical User Interface based Workbench in an integrated manner in order to create Quantum programs and visualize instant circuit generation simulated outputs.
Quantum Computing perform a variety of tasks in a faster manner and efficiently than present-day computers by utilizing the power of Quantum Mechanics. It is used in the fields of cryptography, machine learning, and computational chemistry.
Category: Science & Technology Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|