QCI sets up expert team to execute proposed ONDC
Indian government is to set up a private sector-led non-profit company to fast-track the implementation of proposed “Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) initiative”.
- Open Network for Digital Commerce Initiative will be implemented by the Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- Entity is also expected to provide a start-up mindset, enabled by management with a futuristic vision, comfort with cutting edge technology, deep understanding of commerce and a missionary outlook to drive change.
- ONDC will be implemented with the aim of democratising digital commerce, in a bid to move it from a platform-centric model to an open network. This is like democratization of digital payment system by Unified Payment Interface (UPI).
- The initiative will enable, buyers & sellers to be digitally visible and transact through an open network, regardless of the platform or application they use.
- Initiative also aims to empower merchants and consumers by breaking departments to form a single network for driving innovation & scale and transforming all the businesses ranging from food, retail goods, to mobility.
- It will help in developing the network by adopting & building enabling technology and encouraging voluntary participation of the eco-system players.
- It will also establish a code of conduct and rules of network to bring in discipline.
- ONDC will also provide foundational services to manage the network such as digital infrastructure for network, grievance redressal etc.
Quality Council of India (QCI)
QCI was set up as a public private partnership model under the Societies Registration Act in 1997, for providing accreditation services to several sectors for persons, product, and services.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|