President Kovind presents National Corporate Social Responsibility Awards
President Ram Nath Kovind presented the National Corporate Social Responsibility Awards (NCSRA) to selected companies in New Delhi. These awards are highest recognition given by Government of India in domain of CSR and are awarded to companies for their outstanding contribution in area of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
About National Corporate Social Responsibility Awards (NCRSA)
The awards have been instituted in 2017 by Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) to recognize corporate initiatives in area of CSR to achieve inclusive growth and sustainable development. The awards were instituted subsequent to the recommendations of High Level Committee on CSR.
In 2019 edition of NCRSA, 19 companies from a total of 528 entries have been selected for the award based on the submissions by the companies and reports of the independent assessment by CSR experts, Jury.
- Increasing competition in various categories of companies so as to infuse excellence in their CSR activities
- Encouraging companies to spend entire amount i.e. eligible CSR spend
- Recognising impact, usage of technology, innovation, gender and environment issues, scalability, replicability and sustainability of CSR activities.
- Channelising CSR initiatives of corporate so that benefits of these activities reach in remote areas of country and to marginalised sections of society
Categories of Awards:
Total number of awards of NCSRA is 20 in 3 categories are-
1. Corporate Awards for Excellence in CSR:
a) Recongnition to a company based on total eligible CSR Spend (4 awards)-
- above Rs.100 crores
- between Rs.10 crores and Rs.99.99 crores
- between Rs.1 crores and Rs.9.99 crores
- Spend below Rs.100 crores
b) Honourable Mention: In addition to four main awards, there may be four honourable mentions for companies that have undertaken appreciable CSR activities.
2. Corporate Awards in CSR in Challenging Circumstances:
a) Recognition to a company based on its CSR efforts in challenging circumstances, difficult terrains or disturbed areas, aspirational districts among others (up to five awards)- North; North East; East; West; South.
b) Honourable Mention: In addition to 5 main awards, there may be 5 honourable mentions for companies which have undertaken appreciable CSR activities.
3. Recognition to a company to be given based on contribution to National Priority Schemes (NPS), so as to motivate corporates to spend in these areas. (Up to 11 Awards)
a) Honourable Mention: In addition to 11 main awards, there may be 11 Honorable Mentions of companies which have undertaken appreciable CSR activities.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|