Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana extended
On June 30, 2020, PM Modi extended the free distribution of food grains scheme under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana till November 2020.
The estimated cost of extension of the programme is Rs 90,000 crores. The extension will provide free food grains to 80 crore people.
Free Food Grain Distribution
Under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, GoI distributes 5 kg of wheat and 1 kg of grams every month to the poor.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana was launched on March 24, 2020 soon after the imposition of lock down. The scheme announced a relief package of Rs 1.7 lakh crore.
- Under PM KISAN Yojana, the scheme provided the first installment of Rs 2,000 in April 2020
- The MNREGA wages were increased by Rs 20
- The Divyangs were provided with Rs 1000 every month for three months starting from April, 2020
- Under Ujjawala Yojana, free cylinders were distributed to 8 crore families.
- Rs 500 was deposited to women account holders under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana. This costed Rs 20.4 crores.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2020