Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana: 32 Crore receive financial assistance
Under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, more than 32 crore have received financial assistance so far.
The scheme has benefitted the public in the following ways
- 29 Cores of beneficiaries have been distributed free food grains.
- 8 lakhs have received free cylinders under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Rs 7.47 crore transferred under Pradhan Mantri KISAN Samman Nidhi.
- Rs 9930 disbursed to women account holders of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- The workers in construction sector have received financial assistance of Rs 3,071 crores. This has been provided from Building and Construction Workers Fund. The fund is managed by the State Governments.
- The National Social Assistance Programme has so far disbursed Rs 1,400 crores to old age people, disabled and widows. The next instalment of Rs 500 each is to be paid by next month.
The package also includes financial assistance to MNREGA workers. It also covers health insurance to health workers.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
Topics: MNREGA • National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) • Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana • Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) • Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi • Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana