PM Narendra Modi’s Bhutan Trip
PM Narendra Modi recently concluded a 2-day trip to the neighboring nation of Bhutan. The aim of the trip was to strengthen the bilateral ties between India and Bhutan in fields like Education, Energy, and Culture.
Why is the trip significant?
- India is one of the most privileged trading partners of Bhutan.
- The Indo-Bhutan relationship has evolved at a unique pace and both nations share a special time-tested partnership which is anchored in mutual understanding and has been reinforced by a strong cultural heritage.
- Sandwiched between two powerful countries, India and China, Bhutan has steadily walked a tightrope and have shown great resilience in upholding Indian friendship in the region.
- The Indo-Bhutan trip, which is PM Modi’s second trip to Bhutan and his first since getting re-elected in 2019, is stated to be an important pillar of New Delhi’s ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy.?
What happened on the trip?
- The trip was hot to over 10 MoUs which were signed between the two nations.
- The MoU aims to further strengthen and diversify the bilateral partnership between the two nations and included agreements on economic and co-operative financial development, co-operation in the development of hydropower, strengthening people-to-people ties etc.
- The Mangdechhu hydroelectric power plant was also stated to be inaugurated during the trip.
- An ISRO-built Earth Station in Thimphu will also be dedicated to the nation of Bhutan.
- ?The PM is also stated to visit the Simtokha Dzong monastery which was built by Ngawang Namgyal which was one of the primary unifiers of Bhutan.
- Other important places that PM Modi will visit during his trip will be the National Memorial Chorten and the Tashichhodzong monastery.
The Neighbourhood First of PM Modi is the foreign policy endeavor in which India is focusing on improving its ties with its immediate neighbors. Among the main outreaches by the Indian Government include the SAARC satellite and the Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation Programme program.
Ladakh Ignited Minds Project
The Indian Army recently initiated the Ladakh Ignited Mines Project to provide educational opportuni...
Australia cancels deals on China’s Belt and Road
The Australian Government recently announced that it has cancelled deals on Belt and Road initiative...
Agriculture Ministry sign MoU with Microsoft for farmer welfare
The Agricultural Ministry of India recently signed Memorandum of Understanding with Microsoft to imp...
Three-branded Rosefinch: New bird species in India
A team of scientists from the Bombay Natural History Society recorded a new species of bird. It has ...
International Day of Happiness 2021
The International Day of Happiness is being celebrated on March 20, 2021. The day is observed every ...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|