PM Modi Launches Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana, a pension scheme for farmers in Jharkhand.
About the Scheme
- The scheme is voluntary and contribution-based for farmers in the age group of 18 to 40 years.
- Monthly pension of Rs. 3000/- will be provided to the enrolled farmers on attaining the age of 60 years.
- Farmers will have to make a monthly contribution of Rs.55 to Rs.200, depending on their age of entry.
- An equal contribution would be made by the Central Government towards the premium.
- The pension fund would be maintained by the Life Insurance Corporation of India.
- Farmers whose cultivable land is 2 hectares or less, can enrol themselves by visiting their nearest common service centres.
- In case the farmer dies before the retirement date, the spouse may continue to contribute the scheme by paying the remaining contributions until the remaining term of the deceased farmer.
- If the spouse does not wish to continue the total contribution made by the farmer along with the interest will be paid to the spouse (or to the nominee if there is no spouse).
- If the farmer dies after the retirement date, the spouse will receive Rs 1,500, or 50 per cent of the pension, as a family pension.
- After the death of both the farmer and the spouse, the accumulated corpus will be credited back to the pension fund.
- The beneficiaries are also provided with an option to voluntarily exit the scheme after a minimum period of five years of regular contributions. On exit, their entire contribution will be returned by Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) with an interest equivalent to prevailing saving bank rates.
The scheme aims to enhance the social security of the farming community with an outlay of Rs 10,774 crore for the next three years.
What is the objective of RBI’s new 20000 cr-special OMO?
In a recent announcement, the Reserve Bank of India declared its intention to conduct simultaneous p...
What is the special OMO which has been launched by the RBI? How does it impact the economy?
The Reserve Bank of India recently declared that it is going to conduct simultaneous purchase and sa...
RBI launches National strategy for Financial Education for 2020-25
The Reserve Bank of India has come up with the Second National Strategy for Financial Education (NSF...
Madhu Babu Pension Scheme to be extended to Transgenders in Odisha
The Odisha Government has decided to include the transgender community as well within the ambit of M...
Invalid Pension to Armed Forces Personnel even with Service of Less than 10 years Approved by Govt.
The government has taken the decision that invalid pension for the armed forces will now be extended...
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|