PM Modi conferred King Hamad Order of the Renaissance by Bahrain
Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi has been conferred King Hamad Order of the Renaissance by Bahrain’s King Hamad bin Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa in Manama, capital of Bahrain. He was conferred this prestigious honour in recognition of his efforts to strengthen bilateral relations with Bahrain, the key Gulf nation. As of now, it is overall the 7th international award conferred on PM Modi since he assumed office in 2014 (List Below).
PM Modi is the 1st Indian prime minister to visit Bahrain.
The King of Bahrain bestowed Bahrain Order, the First Class on PM Modi in recognition of his efforts to strengthen bilateral relations with Kingdom of Bahrain.
Global awards conferred on PM Modi since 2014
- Amir Amanullah Khan Award– highest civilian award of Afghanistan
- Order of King Abdulaziz Sash- highest civilian honour of Saudi Arabia
- Grand Collar of the State of Palestine-highest honour of Palestine, given to foreign dignitaries
- Seoul Peace Prize– by Seoul Peace Prize Foundation of South Korea.
- Champions of the Earth award – United Nations’s highest environmental honour, awarded by UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme)
- Order of Zayed– highest civil honour of UAE.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News