Pakistan tests 1st indigenous armed drone Burraq and laser guided missile Barq
Pakistan successfully tested its first indigenously built all-weather armed drone named Burraq and a laser guided missile named Barq.
By successfully testing of Burraq, Pakistan became the 9th country in the World to develop an unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) domestically.
- Dveloped by a venture of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) and the National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM).
- It is named after the flying horse of Islamic tradition.
- Burraq has ability to fly in all types of weather conditions.
- It has capability to strike its targets with pinpoint accuracy.
- With Barq laser-guided missile mounted on it, Burraq can hit moving targets as well as stationary targets with pinpoint accuracy.
- UCAV Burraq was first flight tested in May 2009.
At present, Pakistan has several types of unarmed surveillance drones in operation but Burraq and Shahpar are its domestically developed UCAVs.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|