“Operation Shield” launched by the Delhi State Government
On April 9, 2020, the Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced Operation Shield in the containment zones of National Capital Region. SHIELD stands for Sealing, Home quarantine, isolation and tracing, essential supply, local sanitation and door-to-door checks.
The Operation is to be implemented in 21 containment zones of the capital. The operation is to be implemented in the following ways
- The area or surroundings of all the 21 zones are to be sealed
- People living in these zones are to be home quarantined
- The first and second contacts of the people are to be traced and isolated
- The Government has assured essential supply of commodities
- The areas are to be sanitized by local authorities
- Door-to-door health checks are to be conducted in these areas.
The Delhi Government had also launched 5T plan that is being implemented all over Delhi. The 5Ts include Testing, tracing, Treatment, teamwork and tracking.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|