October 25: India to celebrate Ayurveda Day
On 25th October, 2019, Government of India is to organize 4th Ayurveda day. The day is being celebrated by Ministry of AYUSH as Dhanvantari Jayanti falls on the day. Dhanvantari is a Hindu god who cures diseases.
- The Ministry of Ayush will distribute “National Dhanwantari Ayurveda Award” on National Ayurveda Day. The award comprises of trophy and cash reward of Rs 5 lakhs.
- The other participants of the celebration include
- AIIA-All India Institute of Ayurveda
- CCRAS-Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences
- IPGT&RA-Institute for Post Graduate Training and Research in Ayurveda
- NEIAH-North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda and Homeopathy
- Ayurveda is a system of medicine with historical roots.
- GoI launched National AYUSH Mission during its 12th five-year plan. The focus of the mission is to promote Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homeopathy drugs. The Ayurveda Day is being celebrated as a part of the mission’s role in creating awareness about the medicines. Government has also upgraded a lot of Ayurvedic institutions as a part of AYUSH Mission.
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs