New Delhi Police Headquarters inaugurated
A new building of Police Headquarters (PHQ) was inaugurated by the Union Minister of Home Affairs Shri Amit shah. The officers and Jawans of Delhi Police Wing are getting a new building headquarters after 70 years. The building was opened on October 31, 2019 to commemorate Sardar Vallabhai Patel’s birth Anniversary.
About the building
- The PHQ is unique in its implementation as the plans were under taken on a public private partnership mode
- It was built at a cost of 286 crores
- It has 18 floors that are designed to accommodate control rooms, conference rooms, communication centres, etc.
- Police forces are important for stable law and order in the country.
- The contributions and sacrifices made by the Police officers are seldom highlighted. Also, a kind of negative protection demoralizes the police force. To change this image, GoI had developed National Police Memorial in New Delhi that chronicles the sacrifices of over 34,000 officers and jawans who laid their lives for the country.
- 25% of the Delhi Police Force is earmarked for VVIP security
- It comes under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Home Affairs and not under Government of Delhi.
- They are deployed close to PM residence, Rashtrapthi Bhavan, Residence of ministers, MPs, judges, etc.
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|