NDMC launches ‘Cleancity app’- Key Facts
North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) launched “Cleancity app” on August 13, 2021.
- It is a mobile driven application launched to help residents to register complaints for picking up garbage in that area.
- It was launched by North Delhi Mayor Raja Iqbal Singh ahead of the 75th Independence Day.
- This app will provide citizens to look after GPS location of garbage-lifting vehicles, register their complaints and give suggestions in order to improve the services.
- This facility can be availed by the residents of Civil Lines Zone, Keshavpuram Zone and Rohini Zone.
- To mark the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ and 75th year of Independence, NDMC also administered pledge to all municipal school students through online mode in order to discourage use of plastic, and make others to stop using single-use plastic.
New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC)
NDMC is the municipal council of New Delhi. Area under its administration is called as NDMC area. It covers an area of 42.7 km2. The council is governed by a council headed by chairperson. The chairperson is usually a career civil servant that holds the rank of Joint Secretary to Government. He is appointed by Government of India. Council also comprises of the Chief Minister of Delhi acting as an Ex officio member.
Five Territory of the NDMC
Union Territory of Delhi comprises of five statutory urban regions:
- North Delhi Municipal Corporation
- South Delhi Municipal Corporation
- East Delhi Municipal Corporation
- New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC), and
- Delhi Cantonment Board.
NDMC finds its origin in Imperial Delhi Committee that was constituted in March 1913 to look after the construction of new capital of India.
Headquarter of NDMC
Headquarters of NDMC is called as Palika Kendra. It was built in 1984. At that time, this building was the tallest building of the city.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|