National Sports Awards for 2014-15
President Pranab Mukherjee presented the Nation Sports Awards in various categories at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on August 29, 2015 on the eve of National Sports Day.
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award
- Sania Mirza– In recognition of her outstanding achievements in game of Tennis. Presently she is ranked no 1 women’s player in Women’s Double category.
- Naval Singh- Athletics (Javelin throw) Para-sports coach.
- Anoop Singh- Wrestling coach.
- Harbans Singh- Athletics coach.
- Swatantar Raj Singh- Boxing coach.
- Nihar Ameen- Swimming coach.
- Sandeep Kumar- Archery.
- M R Poovamma- Athletics (4X400 metres relay).
- Kidambi Srikanth- Badminton.
- Mandeep Jangra- Boxing.
- Rohit Sharma- Cricket.
- Dipa Karmakar- Gymnastics.
- Sreejesh P R- Hockey.
- Manjeet Chhillar- Kabaddi.
- Abhilasha Mhatre- Kabaddi.
- Swaran Singh- Rowing.
- Anup Kumar Yama- Roller Skating.
- Jitu Rai- Shooting.
- Sathish Kumar- Weightlifting.
- Bajrang- Wrestling.
- Babita Kumari- Wrestling.
- Y Sanathoi Devi- Wushu.
- Sharath M Gayakwad- Para-Swimming.
Dhyan Chand Award
- Romeo James- Hockey.
- Shiv Prakash Mishra- Tennis.
- P Nair- Volleyball.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News