National Infrastructure Pipeline Online Dashboard launched
The Union Finance Minister has launched the dashboard of the National Infrastructure Pipeline in order to manage and integrate all the details regarding the projects at one place. The online portal is now showcasing 6800 live projects being implemented in the country.
This portal will help in providing real-time status of the ongoing projects and also the investors are going to get updates regarding the progress of the projects without any hassle. With the aim of creating world-class infrastructure in the country, the NIP dashboard is also encouraging ease of doing business for the investors in the infra projects in the country.
National Infra Pipeline
This has been launched in order to enable a forward outlook on the infra sector in the country so that it can create more jobs, improve ease of doing business and provide equitable access to infra for all the citizens of the country. That will make the growth story of the country more inclusive. NIP will include both social and economic infrastructure projects. The plan is to spend Rs 102 lakh crore in the next five years till 2024-25, on the infrastructure projects. The share of investment between the centre, states and the private sector to share the capital expenditure in the ratio of 39:39:22 basis.
Focus Areas under NIP
The infra investment under the NIP will be distributed between energy (24 per cent), Roads (19 per cent), Urban (16 per cent) and Railways (13 per cent), amounting to over 70 per cent of the total estimated capital expenditure in the next five years. The remaining 30 per cent will be earmarked for irrigation, agriculture, rural and social infrastructure development in the country.
Status of the NIP Projects
Around 42% of the projects under NIP are under implementation whereas 31% are at the conceptualization stage. It is estimated that India would need to spend $4.5 trillion on infrastructure by the year 2030 in order to maintain the growth rate of the country.
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|