MeitY-NASSCOM Start-up Women Entrepreneur Awards 2020-21
Government of India announced MeitY-NASSCOM Start-up Women Entrepreneur Awards 2020-2021 on August 17, 2021.
- MeitY-NASSCOM Women Startup Entrepreneurs Awards is the first step that recognizes and cultivates the entrepreneurial spirit in women.
- Awards inspire next generation of women to lead Indian digital era in order to serve as guiding role models.
- It also encourages promising entrepreneurs who contribute to the nation’s economy as well as social community.
- It also provides leadership and serves as guiding examples for emerging and young future entrepreneurs.
- Awards were open to participation from tech start-up women entrepreneurs in which about 159 applications were received.
- Leaders from MeitY, UN Women, Industry and Academia together, decided 12 women entrepreneurs as winners.
- while 2 women entrepreneurs were declared as the Jury Choice.
Government has set a new benchmark for inclusive development by setting the basic values around ‘antyodaya’. It works on the philosophy of Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikaas, Sabka Vishwas, Sabka Prayaas. Empowerment of women and promotion of entrepreneurship among them is also among key focus areas of the Government. Government has been taking several transformative steps such as:
- MUDRA scheme to provide interest free loans to the poor.
- Ujjwala scheme under which women are given free gas connections to save them from smoke-filled cooking
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme to educate the girl child,
- Abolition of triple talaq for the dignity of women.
- National Policy on Software Products, 2019- under which government is placing special emphasis on promoting and recognising women led entrepreneurship as leaders for tomorrow.
Startups and Entrepreneurs
Encouraging Startups and Entrepreneurs is also among thrust areas of Government with the help of StartUp India and Invest India programs.
This award is significant in bringing the gender equality. Women are leading by example including from winning medals in Olympics to building tech based Innovative solutions. Indian IT sector has also played a key role in gender equality. As per the NASSCOM, 35 % of the total IT workforces are women.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|