First Mega Food Park of Tripura Inaugurated
Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti inaugurated Sikaria Mega Food Park Pvt Ltd at Village Tulakona in Agartala. This is the 17th Mega Food Park in the country and first in the state of Tripura.
Highlights about the Mega Food Park of Tripura
- The Mega Food Park has been set up in 50 acres of land at the cost of Rs. 87.45 crore.
- The food park is having facilities of fully operational Dry warehouse and material handling of 5000 MT, Pineapple canning and Pulping line of 2 MT/Hr each, Packing Unit, Ripening Chambers of 40 TPD, Cold Storage of 5000 MT with Frozen Storage of 1000 MT, Quality Control, Research & Development Centre.
- The Mega Food Park also has fully developed Industrial plots for setting up processing units and Standard Design Factory (SDF) Sheds to provide ready to move in the facility for micro and small enterprises.
- The Mega Food Park will leverage an additional investment of about Rs. 250 crores in 25-30 food processing units in the park and generate a turnover of about Rs. 450-500 Crore annually.
- The Park will also provide direct and indirect employment to 5000 people and benefit about 25000 farmers.
Mega Food Park Scheme
The Mega Food Park scheme was initiated in 2008. These mega food parks create modern infrastructure facilities for food processing along the value chain from farm to market along with strong forward and backward linkages through a cluster-based approach.
The Ministry of Food Processing is implementing Mega Food Park Scheme to give a major boost to the food processing sector by adding value and reducing food wastage at each stage of the supply chain with a particular focus on perishables. The government of India provides financial assistance up to Rs. 50.00 Crore per Mega Food Park project.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|