MC Mary Kom to retire from boxing after Rio Olympics Games 2016
MC Mary Kom has announced that she will retire from boxing after the Rio Olympic Games 2016.
She made this announcement citing the reason that her body will not be able to cope the rigours of boxing in future.
About MC Mary Kom
- Her full name is Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom and was born on 1 March 1983 in Churachandpur district of Manipur.
- Mary Kom is nicknamed Magnificent Mary and is 5 time World Amateur Boxing champion. She is the only woman boxer to have won a medal in each one of the six world championships.
- Mary Kom had won a bronze medal in 2012 London Olympics in the flyweight (51 kg) category and was only Indian woman boxer to qualify for this category.
- She is also first Indian woman boxer to get a Gold Medal in the 2014 Asian Games held at Incheon, South Korea.
- Awards- For her precious contribution to the sport of boxing (sports), she has been conferred with Padma Bhushan (2013), Padma Shree (2010) and Arjuna Award for Boxing (2003).
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|