Maharashtra announces Babasaheb Ambedkar Special Group Incentives Scheme
Maharashtra government has announced Bharatratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Special Collective Incentive Scheme for the economically backward Dalit entrepreneurs.
Decision in this regard was taken by state cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis in Mumbai.
Key features of Scheme
- Under it, special facilities will be given to Dalit entrepreneurs besides the present Collective Incentive Scheme 2013.
- 20% plots for small and medium scale industries will be reserved for the Dalits within Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC).
- The plots in MIDC area will be made available at 30% concessional rate whereas plots in other areas will be available at 20% concessional rate.
- Businessmen in Service and Commodities sector would be able to avail the benefits of this scheme.
- It will be limited for only those industries where people from Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) have 100% investment.
- Only one person from each family will be entitled to benefits under the scheme and there will be no cap on income to launch any business.