Lilavati Awards, 2020
The Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank recently presented the AICTE Lilavati Awards, 2020 in New Delhi. The awards were presented based on the theme “Women Empowerment”. The winners were selected by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) in six sub themes.
Winners of Lilavati Awards, 2020
The winners selected in six sub themes were as follows:
- SWEAT (Sona Women Entrepreneurship and Training) from Sona College of Technology, Tamil Nadu won the award under the ‘Women Entrepreneurship’ sub theme.
- Another college from Tamil Nadu, Paritrana from St. Joseph’s College of Engineering won the award for the ‘Self Defense’ sub theme.
- Under the ‘Literacy’ sub theme, Bharatiya Vidyapeeth of Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development Pune won the award.
- The Lilavati Award under “Women’s Health” sub theme was won by WIT Women Health Coalition from Walchand Institute of Technology, Maharashtra.
- Radiant Seetha from Thiagarajar Polytechnic College won the contest in the ‘Legal Awareness’ sub theme.
About Lilavati Awards
- The prize has been named after the twelfth century book called “Lilavati”.
- The book was written by the mathematician Bhaskara II. Lilavati was the daughter of Bhaskara II.
- The award is presented annually as a part of AICTE Innovative education programme to empower women.
Other GoI initiatives to empower women
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a small savings scheme that encourages parents of girl child to build a fund for their future education and marriage expenses.
- The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao initiative aims to promote gender equality in the country. It also aims at educating girls in India.
- Smart India Hackathon is a platform to solve problems of women in daily life.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|