July 2019 hottest month on record
As per the data available from the World Meteorological Organization, the month of July in the year 2019 was the hottest month ever recorded in history.
What is El Nino?
- The El Nino is a climate pattern that occurs due to the sea surface temperatures in the tropical Pacific Ocean which increase to above-normal levels over an extended period of time.
- The El Nino is ongoing warming of the climate change which shows that global climate all over the globe and had changed global rainfall and temperature patterns.
- While this has increased rainfall in some places wetter and while caused other places to dry up.
- The opposite of El Nino is La Nina. In La Nina, the sea surface temperatures in the central Pacific has fallen beyond the normal temperature range.
What has happened?
- Cities all across the globe have reported high temperatures.
- Data has shown that the five years from 2015 to 2019 have been the five hottest years for the years in which we have had recorded data.
- The rising temperature means that the frigid Arctic Sea ice is melting at an accelerated rate and the temperatures in the Arctic circle have increased by 10 to 15 degrees Celsius.
What we are doing?
The rising climate change has forced the world leaders to agree to Paris climate agreement which was signed in 2015. The agreement endeavors to keep the temperatures from rising by over than 1.5 degrees Celsius by the end of the 21st century.
If implemented successfully, it aims to avoid the worst effects of the changing climate due to the greenhouse effect.