Jal Shakti Ministry launched ‘Water Heroes Contest 2.0’
Published: September 3, 2020
Ministry of Jal Shakti works with an objective to make water conservation a people’s movement and strengthen the water consciousness in the country. To further this objective, the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti has launched the ‘Water Heroes – Share Your Stories’ Contest.
· It aims to reach out to people on the important subject of water conservation and management.
· The contest hopes to encourage people and collect best practices in water conservation from across the country.
· For the contest, every month (from September onward), entries would be invited for the awards.
· A maximum of 10 entries can be considered for the awards every month. All selected entries will be awarded a cash prize of Rs 10,000 and a certificate
· The participants will have to post their success stories on water conservation through a specially made video of 1-5 minutes, along with a write-up of up to 300 words and some photographs, depicting the efforts and significant contributions to conserve and manage water resources.