Indira Gandhi Peace Prize 2021
Pratham NGO has been awarded with the Indira Gandhi Peace Prize 2021 for its work on expanding the scope for education in India.
- The Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament & Development for 2021 was awarded to Pratham NGO for:
- Its pioneering work for more than a quarter century in ensuring that every child has access to quality education
- Its innovative use of digital technology to deliver education
- Its regular evaluation of quality of education
- Its timely response in making children to learn amid Covid-19 restrictions.
Pratham NGO is an innovative learning organization, which was created to improve education quality in India. The NGO was co-founded by Farida Lambay and Madhav Chavan. It is one of the largest non-governmental organisations in India. It focuses on high-quality, low-cost, and replicable interventions for addressing the gaps in education system. It was established in 1994 in Mumbai to give pre-school education for children in slums.
Indira Gandhi Peace Prize
The Indira Gandhi Peace Prize is an annual prestigious award. It has been named after former prime minister Indira Gandhi. It is conferred every year since 1968 by Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust. It comprises of a monetary award of Rs. 25 lakh and a citation. It recognizes creative efforts by individuals or organizations which are working for:
- Creating new international economic order
- Promoting international peace & development
- Ensuring that scientific discoveries are used for enlarging the scope of freedom and for larger good of humanity.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|