Indian Railways introduces New Tatkal guidelines to tackle tout menace
New Tatkal guidelines have been introduced by the Indian Railway to deal with the menace of touts cornering the tatkal tickets meant for common passengers.
As per the new guidelines
- Tatkal tickets booking will start at 10 AM on the previous day of journey from train originating station instead of current timing at 8 AM
- The Tatkal tickets will be exclusively made available at all computerized reservation counters and unreserved ticketing system counters between 10 AM to 12 noon
- Maximum 2 tickets can be booked per IP address between 10-12 AM. IP address check has helped in preventing multiple bookings from same office complex or internet café
- Tatkal tickets cannot be booked on internet reservation system during the special time of 10 AM to 10.30 AM for next day trains
- A limit of booking of a maximum of 4 passengers per PNR on Tatkal ticket has been imposed.
- During this exclusive period, no unauthorized agent including of IRCTC and RTAs will be allowed to book Tatkal tickets.
- CCTV’s installed at booking centres will monitor any unusual activity
- Passengers who want to book tatkal tickets must bring self-attested Id proof as well as authenticate their mobile numbers by the concerned authority.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2012