India tops Medals Tally at ISSF World Cup Rifle/ Pistol 2019 held in China
India finished top of medal tally at ISSF World Cup Rifle/ Pistol 2019 edition held in Beijing, China. Even after drawing a blank on final day India still topped the chart for second consecutive ISSF World Cup, third time in last two years. In last edition of Shooting World Cup held in New Delhi, India jointly topped standings with Hungary.
ISSF World Cup Rifle 2019
- With its four medals (3 gold and 1 silver medals) India topped medals tally ahead of hosts China (2 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze), who won five medals in total.
- With this win India has now secured a total of five 2020 Tokyo Olympic quotas places.
- Teenage pair of Saurabh Chaudhary and Manu Bhaker won gold in 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team Pistol event.
- Anjum Moudgil and young Divyansh Singh Panwar won gold in 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team competition.
- Divyansh Singh Panwar won India’s first individual medal by winning silver in men’s 10m Air Rifle.
- India’s third gold was won by Abhishek Verma in men’s 10m Air Pistol event.
Category: Sports Current Affairs