India tops Medals Tally at ISSF World Cup Rifle/ Pistol 2019 held in China
India finished top of medal tally at ISSF World Cup Rifle/ Pistol 2019 edition held in Beijing, China. Even after drawing a blank on final day India still topped the chart for second consecutive ISSF World Cup, third time in last two years. In last edition of Shooting World Cup held in New Delhi, India jointly topped standings with Hungary.
ISSF World Cup Rifle 2019
- With its four medals (3 gold and 1 silver medals) India topped medals tally ahead of hosts China (2 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze), who won five medals in total.
- With this win India has now secured a total of five 2020 Tokyo Olympic quotas places.
- Teenage pair of Saurabh Chaudhary and Manu Bhaker won gold in 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team Pistol event.
- Anjum Moudgil and young Divyansh Singh Panwar won gold in 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team competition.
- Divyansh Singh Panwar won India’s first individual medal by winning silver in men’s 10m Air Rifle.
- India’s third gold was won by Abhishek Verma in men’s 10m Air Pistol event.
China launches classified Yaogan satellites into orbit
China recently launched Changsei 2C rocket from the Xichang satellite launch centre. It is a Yaogan ...
What is Commodity Super Cycle?
The prices of commodities from corn to crude oil to rubber, rhodium, copper, soy bean has been incre...
SAIL enters 100 most-valued Indian firms list
The stock of SAIL increased to a nine year high of Rs 135.60 on the BSE. In the last six weeks, the ...
Special 301 Report: US puts India on Priority Watch list
The United States Trade Representative recently released the Special Report 301. According to the re...
ADB raises India GDP forecast by 11%
The Asian Development Bank recently released its Asian Development Outlook, 2021. According to the r...
Category: Sports Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|