India-Saudi Arabia sign MoUs during PM Modi visit
PM Modi visited Saudi Arabia to attend the Future Investment Initiative. During his visit, the two sides held bilateral talks during which they reviewed historical and close relations between the countries.
- The leaders of the two sides re-affirmed their deep commitment to strengthen “Riyadh Declaration”.
- The leaders also expressed appreciation on the progress of bilateral relationship in economic, political, defence, security, manpower and people to people exchanges.
- The two sides reiterated their categorical rejection of all forms of interference in the internal affairs of the countries and the need for the international community to fulfill the responsibilities over the attacks on sovereignty of states.
- The leaders also emphasized the importance of preserving the unity of Yemen and achieving its security and stability on the basis of GCC initiative.
List of MoUs signed
- Agreement on Strategic Partnership Council
- MoU on cooperation in the field of Renewable Energy, security cooperation
- Agreement in the field of illicit trafficking and smuggling of narcotic drugs, chemical precursors, psychotropic substances
- MoUs on military acquisition, research, development, industries and technology.
- MoUs in the field of civil aviation, small and medium enterprises, stock exchanges, petroleum and payment corporations.
- An agreement was also signed for the cooperation in the field of medical products regulations.
Category: International Current Affairs