India, Germany ink 18 MoUs and agreements in various sectors
India and Germany have signed around 18 agreements and memorandum of understanding (MoUs) in various sectors.
These agreements were signed at the end of third edition of Indo-German Inter-governmental Consultations (ICG) in New Delhi.
The Indo-German ICG was co-chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his visiting counterpart German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
Some important agreements signed are
- Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) on Languages: It seeks to promote German as a foreign language in India and promote modern Indian Languages in Germany.
- MoU on Solar Energy: Seeks to promote Indo-German Development Cooperation for Indo-German Solar Energy Partnership.
- Joint MoU on Skill Development: Boost cooperation in the Field of Skill Development and Vocational Education and Training.
- MoU on Security Cooperation: It was signed between Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and Federal Ministry of the Interior of Germany.
- MoU on Aviation Security: It was signed between Union Ministry of Civil Aviation and Federal Ministry of the Interior.
- JDI on Disaster Management: It was signed between Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and Federal Ministry of the Interior of Germany.
- Joint Declaration on IGSTC: It was signed between Union Ministry of Science and Technology and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research for extending the tenure of the Indo-German Science and Technology Centre (IGSTC).
- MoU on Higher Education: seeks to promote Indo-German Partnerships in Higher Education (IGP).
- JDI on Plant Protection Products: It was signed between Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare (MoA&FW) and the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety (BVL).
- JDI in the field of Railways: Seeks further Development of the Cooperation in the Field of Railways both countries.
- MoU in the field of manufacturing: It was signed between Department of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises and Fraunhofer Society of Germany.